Nothing diminishes skin’s natural radiance like dark under-eye circles and puffiness. This common skin concern can arise due to a number of factors including sleep deprivation, allergies, dehydration, sun exposure, aging, or genetics. Improving sleep hygiene and hydration levels can help reduce the appearance of dark under-eye circles and puffiness over time. For cases related to aging and genetics, an effective eye cream can help hydrate and soften the delicate under-eye area. Read on to explore our top luxury eye cream recommendations along with our favorite ingredients for bright, smooth under-eyes.
Here are our top five eye cream recommendations that promote a bright, hydrated appearance while fighting against dark circles and puffiness:
- Augustinus Bader The Eye Cream - A moisturizing eye cream formulated with peptides, vitamin C, and niacinamide, The Eye Cream from Augustinus Bader promotes nourished, supple-feeling and firmer skin. TFC8® technology supports the skin’s cellular renewal process and targets fine lines, wrinkles, puffiness, and dark circles.
- Sunday Riley Autocorrect Brightening and Depuffing Eye Contour Cream - An antioxidant-rich lifting eye cream formulated with caffeine to brighten dark circles and Brazilian ginseng root extract to diminish puffiness, the Autocorrect Brightening & Depuffing Eye Contour Cream from Sunday Riley instantly awakens the under-eye area and gives the skin an energized, rested appearance.
- Algenist Complete Renewal Eye Balm - A rich, multitasking eye cream that nourishes the under-eye area while diminishing the appearance of puffiness and dark circles, the Complete Renewal Eye Balm from Algenist is formulated with patented alguronic acid, vitamin C, caffeine, cucumber, aloe, and green tea extracts to hydrate the under-eyes for a recharged, rejuvenated appearance. This eye cream also helps prep the eyes for smoother, long-lasting makeup application!
- Peter Thomas Roth FIRMx Collagen Eye Cream - A firming eye cream with collagen and collagen-supporting ingredients, the FIRMx Eye Cream from Peter Thomas Roth helps smooth and hydrate the delicate under-eye area while reducing the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles. Skin is left feeling more elastic, moisturized, and vibrant.
- ClarityRx Easy on the Eyes Smoothing Cream - Revitalizing, brightening, and hydrating, the Easy on The Eyes Smoothing Cream from ClarityRx is formulated with jojoba seed and apricot kernel oil to reduce puffiness and strengthen the skin. Hyaluronic acid restores essential moisture and plumps the skin, leaving the under-eye area brighter and more awake.
Eye Cream Ingredients for Dark Circles & Puffiness
Here are a few of our favorite topical ingredients to look for in eye creams that fight against dark circles and puffiness.
- Caffeine - Caffeine in topical skincare helps constrict the blood vessels, leaving the under-eye area looking brighter and less puffy.
- Niacinamide - An anti-aging ingredient, niacinamide helps fade the appearance of dark under-eye circles.
- Vitamin C - A powerful antioxidant, vitamin C helps brighten the under-eye area, strengthening the skin and boosting collagen production.
- Hyaluronic Acid - Hyaluronic acid helps hold moisture onto the skin, keeping it hydrated. Since the skin under the eyes is thin and can easily become dry, supportive hydration is imperative.
- Peptides - Peptides penetrate the skin and assist with the production of hyaluronic acid and collagen. As structural proteins, peptides hold under-eye cells and tissue together, reducing the appearance of wrinkles and fine lines.
Other articles you might be interested in
Healthy skin starts with a healthy microbiome. Probiotic skincare products help to repair and protect skin while restoring harmony and balance. See our favorite probiotic-infused skincare picks for nourished, radiant skin.